June 22, 2011

Stella W.

June 22, 2011

I will ask people to describe Pouch Cove in one word, or a sentence and see what people have to say.  I did a similar thing on Fogo Island.  Here are the names of people whom I will approach:
Shirely B., Stella W., Edith S., Herb H., Sue G., Russel L., Ap V., Sharon W., Elke D., Bernie P., David B., Barbara B.

I have been talking to them all the time and they are so open to talk.  But as soon as I mention the project in a more formal way about recording, consensus and so on, some of them become a bit reluctant to take part.  I do not feel comfortable to pursue and will wait to talk to them again.

Stella W. was  not comfortable having her name or voice to be used.  But she was ok for me to use the narrative for the work.  She got some water problem during Igor - water in the crawl space and it cleared out on its own.  She had to bail out water though.  Town people were quick to come over to check on her.

Sense of place for Stella was the community, the people who help out one another.

Audio: A2PCP2a and b (20 min)

No comments:

Post a Comment