August 29, 2011

High Park

Pouch Cove seems so far away, and yet, it is also right here ... inside me.

Met my friend Tom this morning and talked about my work.  Tom suggested that I should leave the audio/video for a while and do other things, perhaps, just to take some time to reflect what I have done so far.  So I took a walk down to High Park.  On my way back, I saw a painter setting up to paint.  Our eyes met and I stopped to talk to her.  She told me about the small water colour that she just started, I told her about my encaustic work.  Just before I was going to continue with my walk, she asked if I knew anything about memory drawing.  A coincidence ... memory???  She told me about how one puts together fragments of memories to make something new, what people choose to remember.  How can this be - meeting someone in the park and talked about memory.  I've been thinking a lot about my recordings in the last few days after presenting my project, after talking to Yael.  "What I am trying to say with my video/audio?"  "This is not supposed to be another outport story, is it?"  "Why is this searching important to me?" "Are there answers to my questions?"




No comments:

Post a Comment